Last week we rolled out a live streaming from our Youtube channel to share the knowledge gained in the Preso experimental project with the whole Like A Coffee community.
For those of you who missed it, Preso is an IoT smart outlet that allows you to control any of your plugged-in household devices performance and to monitor your home power consumption directly from your smart PresoApp.
Why can it be important for you, potential talent, to get to know something more on how we carried out this project development?
- First of all, because you can exclusively take a look behind the scenes on how we actually dealt with such a complex research project effectively in a remote way within a cross-cultural environment.
- Secondly, because you can get insights on how such a project was managed.
- And, finally, because you can get an educational opportunity for free by means of an interactive lesson. You can actively take part in the discussion by commenting or by asking questions to the expert panel in real time and being answered right away.
Preso is one of our experimental projects in IoT where some of our talents played a great role in, both on a software – and on a development part.
As the video begins, Filomena gives the big picture on it to you, tuned-in community, and introduces three members of the Preso dev team who dealt with different development aspect of it:
Attilio, IoT specialist and Head of “Steam Port, IoT lab” situated in Southern Italy, who showed more in detail:
- the hardware components Preso is made up of;
- the software technologies used for its prototyping;
- the communication protocols used in the various iterations;
- the data collecting system.
Giuseppe, Talent Full Stack web developer, involved in Preso as experimental project, who explained to our community:
- The whole architecture system of the PresoApp, namely DB, a focus both on IoT back-end and main back-end and one on the front-end;
- The full stack technology used.
Emils, Talent Front-end web developer and involved in the project as IT project manager intern who shared with us his experience with respect to:
- how he integrated later in a running software development project within a remote team;
- the messaging applications used;
- The tools to handle a the workflow, the common code versioning and the mock-ups prototyping, in cooperation with our designer Giuseppe.
Because Together Everyone Achieves More.
Watch the live registration here below!